Does my dog need a license?
- Yes. All dogs six (6) months of age or older must be licensed. Back to top
Why should I get a license for my dog?
- Because it's the law! And a license is a lost dog's
ticket home! When your dog has its license attached to its collar,
its assigned license number is all that is necessary for our office
to identify the dog's owner. Furthermore, substantial fines are
required by state law for unlicensed dogs. Back to top
How do I report my dog as having been lost?
- Please call the Humane Society or the Town Animal Control. Back to top
How often does the license have to be renewed?
- Dog licenses must be renewed annually. Licenses are valid from April thru March 31. Back to top
How much does an online dog license cost?
- The annual fee for a license is set by the Town.
A license may also be assessed a late penalty if it is
purchased outside the standard registration period.
Substantial fines are required by state law for unlicensed dogs. Back to top
How do I get a duplicate license?
- If you or your pet loses a license, you can request a duplicate license from the
Town Clerk for a small fee. Back to top
What if I move?
- If you move outside the Town of Brimfield, have a current license for your dog, and
remain in the state, you need to purchase a Transfer License from the municipality
of where you moved. If you move into the Town of Brimfield from elsewhere in the state and have
a current license from your past jurisdiction, you need to purchase a Transfer License
from the Town of Brimfield. Back to top
How do I know that purchasing a license online is safe?
- The system is
compliant and uses industry-standard technology for the secure handling
of user and credit card information. All passwords and credit card
numbers are encrypted. Hard drives are encrypted.
During a transaction any sensitive data is transported via SSL.
Firewalls guard against intrusion. Any unnecessary server application
is turned off. Periodic scans by a third-party are done to detect
vulnerabilities and maintain PCI DSS compliance. Back to top
Does the Town of Brimfield have access to my credit card information?
- No. Credit card information is not made available to the City. If for any reason
your credit card cannot be processed, you will be notified via email or telephone and
asked to log in to your account to verify credit card information and to make
any necessary corrections. Credit card orders for dog licenses will not be accepted
over the telephone. Back to top
How will I know that my payment was made?
- You will see a confirmation page with a transaction number after completing the
payment process. We recommend you print or save this page for your records. Back to top
How long does it typically take before I receive my dog license?
- Licenses are sent through postal mail and should arrive within 10 business days. The
charge will be posted to your credit card at time of registration. Contact us if your
dog license doesn't reach you within this period. Back to top