Does my dog need a license?
- Yes. All dogs six (6) months of age or older must be licensed. Back to top
Why should I get a license for my dog?
The primary reason is to prevent the spreading of rabies. Rabies is a health
threat and is 100% fatal for humans if not treated properly. Animal licensing
helps the Town of Carver monitor compliance with local and state
rabies vaccination laws. And a license is a lost dog's ticket home! When
your dog has its license attached to its collar, its assigned license
number is all that is necessary for our Animal Control to identify the
dog's owner. Lastly, fees from licensing are used to care for animals and
investigate complaints about stray animals, among other services. Back to top
How often does the license have to be renewed?
- Dog licenses must be renewed annually. Licenses are valid January 1 thru December 31. Back to top
How much does an online dog license cost?
- The base fee for an annual license is set by the Town. A license may
also be assessed a late penalty if it is purchased outside the standard
registration period. Besides these fees, a convenience fee is added to a
license bought online. The fee is listed on the website as the 'Online Fee'. Back to top
How do I get a duplicate license?
- If you or your pet loses a license, you can request a duplicate license from the Town Clerk. Back to top
What if I move?
- If you move from the Town of Carver, have a current license for your dog, and
remain in the state, you need to purchase a Transfer License from the municipality
to where you move. If you move into Carver from elsewhere in the state and have
a current license from your past jurisdiction, you need to purchase a Transfer License
from the Town of Carver. Back to top
Does the Town have access to my credit card information?
- No. Credit card information is not available to the Town. If for any
reason your credit card cannot be processed, you will be notified via email
or telephone to verify credit card information and to make any necessary
corrections. Credit card orders for dog licenses are not be accepted over
the telephone. Back to top
How will I know that my order was placed?
- You will see a confirmation page with a transaction number after completing
the check-out. You should print or save this page for your records. If
you provided an email address during check-out, a copy of the confirmation
page will be emailed to you upon submitting. Back to top
How long does it typically take before I receive my dog license?
- Licenses are sent through postal mail and should arrive within 10 business days. The
charge will be posted to your credit card at time of registration. Please contact us if your
dog license doesn't reach you within this period. Back to top