Does my dog need a license?
- Yes. All dogs six (6) months of age or older must be licensed. Back to top
Why should I get a license for my dog?
- It’s required by Massachusetts General Laws and Town bylaws. A license
is also a lost dog's ticket home! When your dog has its license attached
to its collar, its assigned license number is all that is necessary for
our office to identify the dog's owner. Furthermore, substantial fines
may incurred for having an unlicensed dog as required
by state law and Town Bylaws. Back to top
How often does the license have to be renewed?
- Dog licenses must be renewed annually. Licenses are valid from April 1 thru March 31. Back to top
How much does an online dog license cost?
- The annual fee for a license is set by the Town.
Substantial fines are required by state law for unlicensed dogs. Back to top
How do I get a duplicate license?
- If you or your pet loses a license, you can request a duplicate license from the
Town Clerk. Back to top
What if I move?
- If you move out of the Town of Hull, but remain in Massachusetts,
you need to purchase a license from the municipality you move to.
If you move into the Town of Hull, you need to purchase a license
from the Town of Hull. Back to top
How do I know that purchasing a license online is safe?
- The system is
compliant and uses industry-standard technology for the secure handling
of user and credit card information. All passwords and credit card
numbers are encrypted. Hard drives are encrypted.
During a transaction any sensitive data is transported via SSL.
Firewalls guard against intrusion. Any unnecessary server application
is turned off. Periodic scans by a third-party are done to detect
vulnerabilities and maintain PCI DSS compliance. Back to top
Does the Town of Hull have access to my credit card information?
- No. Credit card information is not made available to the Town. If for any reason
your credit card cannot be processed, you will be notified via email or telephone and
asked to log in to your account to verify credit card information and to make
any necessary corrections. Credit card orders for dog licenses will not be accepted
over the telephone. Back to top
How will I know that my payment was made?
- You will see a confirmation page with a transaction number after completing the
payment process. We recommend you print or save this page for your records. Back to top
How long does it typically take before I receive my dog license?
- Licenses are sent through postal mail and should arrive within 10 business days. The
charge will be posted to your credit card at time of registration. Contact us if your
dog license doesn't reach you within this period. Back to top