Does my dog need a license?
- Yes. All dogs six (6) months of age or older must be licensed. Back to top
Why should I get a license for my dog?
- Because it's the law! And a license is a lost dog's ticket home! When your dog has its license attached to its collar, its assigned license number is all that is necessary for our office to identify the dog's owner. Back to top
What do I do if I find a lost dog?
- Please call the Animal Shelter or Animal Control. Back to top
How do I report my dog as having been lost?
- Please call the Animal Society or Animal Control. Back to top
How often does the license have to be renewed?
- Dog licenses must be renewed annually. Licenses are valid January 1 thru December 31. Back to top
How much does an online dog license cost?
- The base fee for an annual license is set by the County. A license may also be assessed a late penalty if it is purchased outside the standard registration period. Besides these fees, a convenience fee is added to a license bought online. The fee is listed on the website as the 'Online Fee'. Back to top
How do I get a replacement license?
- If you or your pet loses a license, you can request a replacement license from the County Clerk. Back to top
What if I move?
- If you move, please contact the County Clerk to have your account inactivated. Back to top
Does the County have access to my credit card information?
- No. Credit card information is not available to the County. If for any reason your credit card cannot be processed, you will be notified via email or telephone to verify credit card information and to make any necessary corrections. Credit card orders for dog licenses are not be accepted over the telephone. Back to top
How will I know that my order was placed?
- You will see a confirmation page with a transaction number after completing the check-out. You should print or save this page for your records. Back to top
How long does it typically take before I receive my dog license?
- Licenses are sent through postal mail and should arrive within 10 business days. The charge will be posted to your credit card at time of registration. Contact us if your dog license doesn't reach you within this period. Please allow extra time for processing during December 1 to February 28. Back to top